Tuesday 10 May 2011

As I stroll around the shops, I am wondering to myself how long I can live with sleep deprivation? I've gone 4 days now! I'm being a tad dramatic, I've had a couple hours sleep for the past four nought. It all began with a headache, progressed to the River Thames flowing from my nose, onto Niagara Falls, weakness and fuzzy head, then this cough, that I seriously am getting fed up with! It gets worse at night, so i come downstairs to prevent waking the rest of the household sleeping like babies! I sit on the sofa, eyelids taking over both my cheeks, I'm that tired, I'm flopping all over the place to try and stay upright, and after writing my will, and doing the washing up, I decide to prop myself up on the sofa with a million cushions. I grab a couple of Throws and begin to build the tower of cushions around me. All the while trying not to cough, knowing if I do, I'll never stop, and what a total waste of time building this architectural masterpiece that would be! I position myself in the midst of what has now become a well. Let the covers fall on top of  me, and and let my head fall back, as my neck has now lost the will to support it. I have the biggest glass in the house next to me, full of water, and I let the tiredness take over. Last numbers I looked at on my phone read 5:58!!

8:33am!!! Yes, that's when when I was awoken by Chloe saying she only had 10p of credit left on her phone!!! I leave the house at 8:40 to begin the school run, time for me to spin around very quickly and turn into Wonderwoman. Nah, not going to happen today. I text my friend, Gabe normally walks to school with her son, and meets him at 8:30..... he was sick everywhere last night too.... didn't tell you that, did I!

"Gabe not going into today, sick last night, sorry, just woke up!"  I press send a tad embarrassed!

Surf look today, I think. little thought required. I throw my clothes on, and yell down the stairs for the rest of the kids to get their shoes on  and make their way to the car. I don't hear anyone move, and decide the only way to get them out is to say I'll sell the TV!! Task done, no kids left in the house. I grab my bag and phone, and head out of the door, SUNNIES!!! It's way to bright for the way I feel today! I lean back in the doorway and grab them out of the basket. Ahhhhh.... I may just make it to 9 o' clock!

3 times it takes to start my car, I'm cursed when it comes to cars. I think it is to keep me humble! We set off, I sometimes am amzed at myself, how I can completely be so unawares of what is going on in the car! I am bought back to the present by Sienna saying

"Tell Elliot to stop it...... Mum!.... Tell him!"

I Reply

"Elliot!"

Phew, she's happy with that. I park the car and four kids and a zombie all pile out of the car. I grab hands and cross the road. I say goodbye to 2 on the way to Pre school, and hand Imogen over to the pre school leaders quite happily. I call Gabes school to let them know of the ordeal that was last night, and that he wouldn't be in. Leave a message, leave a message!! I wanted some sympathy!! I leave a message!. Two secs later I get a call from the school....They were by the phone! They must have been! I had to leave a message! They need Gabe in, it's SATS week. I do as I'm told, then go of to town!

That's where I started wondering, How long can I live with sleep deprivation?

No comments:

Post a Comment