Sunday 8 May 2011

Weekends

Aren't weekends just the greatest thing. I started mine of with my birthday. Now, if you're going to start a weekend right, then that's the way to it! Breakfast in bed, presents, music, no school run.... may I add, my weekend started friday. You need to get yourself a husband like mine, still after 15 years of marriage he amazes me. Didn't lift a finger all day.... Me, not him. He did everything. School run, picnic in the park, even walked around an array of clothes shops and waited with the little group of bored husbands, seated outside the changing rooms, as I said
"Do these look alright?"
With his phone for company, and keeping an eye on Imogen, I think his sanity levels were at an ok reading! lesson one to picnic-ing in the park.... make sure you go on a sunny day. We totally did. As I sat in the sun, and  and gushed to Grant how much I loved the sun, and how, this is the way life should be spent, a jolly fellow rode past on his Pennyfarthing!!! Now, two things worried me at this precise moment in time.
Number One- Had I gone back in time, whilst my eyes were shut and I was soaking up the rays, because if so, that was some powerful sun!
Number Two- Why did this feel normal??
I just decided to let the moment flow over me. Lifes easier that way. I was born on a hot, sunny day. This is my argument as to why I need to live in the sun. I could have stayed there all day, but there were more shops to be rooted through.
As we reach the car, Imogen is trailing behind us, sucking her fingers, and carrying a drink.... looking like the resident drunk! We will her on, she looks at us as if to say "how long are your legs, and how long are mine?"
She finally reaches the car, and flops onto the back seat, with fingers remaing in the mouth!
Tescos, we always end up at Tescos! It's a standing joke with my sister and all my cousins! Whtever we do, whever we go, we always end up wandering round Tescos! Grant and I went to a wedding once, fancy doo, dressed up to the nines, and on the way back, popped into tescos! What's the pull?
I head for the clothes dept., Grant and Imogen head for the furniture dept. where i find them laid out on the sofas! We all sit on the softest sofa ever, and deicide we should move into Tescos home. It's got everything we need, including a Costas Coffee bar!
We relunctantly leave our new home, to go pick up some of our other children. Why can't they stay in school till 5???
We decided for dinner that night, we'll have shall dine in the garden, so after Grant has put up the Gazzebo, put they long table out there, chairs are cleaned and arranged, Raclette is plugged in and plates are on the table, I wander out and a nnounce to Grant that i think it's too cold!!!  To his total credit, he gather up the plates, raclette, table tec, and put them back into the warm dining room. Gosh I'm glad I married that man!!!
So after 4 years of asking for a party, I finally get one, and it's a total surprise. He did it, he pulled it off!! I was in shock.
That's the way to start your weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment