Tuesday 3 May 2011

Oh my!! yesterday ended up with me laughing so hard! the School Run turned into a drive by dropping off. Imogen doesn't start playschool until 9:15, but Elliot and Siennas doors open at 8:50 and shut at nine. Now, with normal families you'd turn up at just before 9am, loving give your kids a hug and kiss goodbye, look at your preschool child and smile while saying, shall we wander over to playschool now sweetheart! Oh, I forgot to mention the playschool is next door to the school! This was my normal until I was sitting in the playschool waiting room, willing the slowly ticking 25 ticking minutes to go faster! Not only am i waiting almost half an hour to start with a room of excited pre school children and other Mums who really just want to do the School Run in 5 minutes and not have to drag it out all day, there is a woman who is there every morning. She has turned the preschool waiting room into a doctors waiting room. I am normally the first to arrive, an empty waiting room noramlly awaits me. Then a couple of of chatty mums will wander in. I have my ones I really like to talk to, There are some lovely people in this area. As we chat, you an hear the woman coming, that hacking, stomach churning cough, the shuffling of the feet, and then...... WAYNEEE!!
Its's like those old western movies when the bad guys come to the swinging doors of the bar, and the camera cuts to everybodys eyes looking at each other. That's us, even the kids go silent. If I have a headache, i generally wait in the car, the voice is too much, it the best way to describe it is a high pitched, raspey,clipped shout. There is no volume control.
Wasn't feeling to good, so I sat quietly while Imogen played on my phone, making pies! i left it later yesterday to do the school run, a little experiment. i could say that, or being honest, I didn't realise the time! So, at 8:55, with the younger three in the car, i pulled out of my drive into traffic! Got to the school which is a five minute walk, ( how lazy am I )  at 8:58, two minutes before doors shut. The whole journey all Elliot repeated was " Are we going to be late?"  We arrived at school, where i proceeded to park up the kerb in front of the school, flew the doors open, and very nearly threw the kids over the road! All the while Elliot and Sienna now asking if they are late, I shout to them as they are running of "have a good day, Love you". Whether they heard or not, will remain a mystery. Getting back in the car, I see the little person I have left, one more to give to the educational system, then I am free!!!  I park a tad more sensibly, then wander over to the playschool. Imogen carrying her rucksack, that covers half of her tiny frame, and her lunchbox, looks up at me and says....." you're gorgeous!" I turn to look at her, this little, tiny, perfect face smiling up at me. I sweep her up into my arms, all the while she's giggling, and I kiss her, and tell her..."and you're beautiful!"
What a way to start the day! The day itself was uneventful, I'm ill. Not much to write about when you're ill, well, nothing that won't just depress people! haha
The way my day ended was by Eden falling on her bum in a Kickboxing class! I almost couldn't drive home I was laughing so much! Perfect way to end a day, a bit of comedic falling!

No comments:

Post a Comment