Sunday 1 May 2011

Sunday Bliss

Woke up to beautiful, clear blue skies, the sunshine and my three year old Imogen singing songs at the top of her voice, from the movie Mamma Mia! what a way to wake up i thought. As a slow, lazy smile crept over my face, a flying object catapulted itself from the bedroom door to our bed! I realised the object had been named six years previously. It was a one in a million design, had an infectious giggle and went by the name of Sienna! I lay in bed, wondering if in fact it was a bed we had bought, or a trampoline for the kids. Once the bouncing was done, and she was happy Grant and i were awake, she sweetly asks...."May i play on your phone Mummy!" i notice it is already in her hand before she's even finished the question. i'm sure the kids think it's a games console rather than my phone and personal diary, which i must say, i could not live without. I was one of these people that thought pen and paper were good enough. Grant has talked me round! If I don't have my phone, things don't get done!
Family came to visit, i see this as a big catch up session! Kids in the garden and pure uninterrupted adult talk. thats a treat for me! Church in the afternoon, then back home for dinner and family time
As I call  the kids to the kitchen for the warm, moist chocolate cake I've just baked, chloe announces that seats are to be taken in the living room. Grant, Eden and i obediently take a sofa each and wait for the show to begin! A FASHION SHOW!!!!!  Well worth putting the cake on hold! Chloe stands upright at the door and speaks in a chelsea accent......Imogen is sporting the new princess look about town!....in sweeps Imogen, dressed from head to toe in pink, princess dress, clip cloppy shoes, tiara, bracelets, necklass, and so on. Sienna, the same. Then she announces Gabe who looks pretty cool in his shades, he comes running in, and slides on his knees with his hands in the air! Very Rock and Roll. Elliot was the grand finale, and what a mouth dropping finale he was..... he walked in wearing a cheerleader outfit and a bandana!!!!! "Son, what are you wearing?" To make Grant and i know for sure that we need to find a therapist asap, Gabe comes back in dressed as Hannah Montana!!!! Maybe i shouldn't have painted their toenails when they were younger to annoy Grant!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment